If you are interested in this opportunity please forward your CV to head office.
• To deal with all orders for repairs raised by members of staff, and to either deal with the job directly, or where appropriate to refer to a specialist contractor.
• To manage orders received in an efficient manner, to ensure jobs are dealt with not only in order of priority but with regard to location to help reduce travel times.
• To carry out property inspections, as requested, and advise the Chief Executive on the need for major works.
• Work with contractors engaged by Cherry Tree, and carry out post completion inspections of work.
• To provide support for clients in dealing with a range of support issues, such as advising on use of heating controls, unblocking sinks and WCs, advising how to deal with mould growth, etc.
• Monitor suppliers of materials, and with the Finance Manager keep the list of suppliers under review.
• Ensure the works van is driven and maintained in a proper manner to meet health and safety requirements, and company policy.
• Work with the staff team, and the Finance Manager, in managing the repairs budget, aiming to identify cost savings wherever possible.
• At least 5 years previous experience of working within the building industry, ideally having worked in a multi trade capacity.
• An empathy with Cherry Tree’s service users, with a commitment to excellent customers service, and the delivery of a caring service.
• Ability and willingness to work flexibly as required.
• Self-motivated, able to work with minimum supervision.
• Full driving licence, with no endorsements for dangerous driving.
• Has clearance from the DBS, or is able to obtain clearance
• A committed to working safely, with a good working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.