The tenancy agreement makes clear which repairs are the responsibility of CTHA, and which repairs are the responsibility of the tenant. In practice, CTHA is responsible for carrying out most repairs, and where this is so, each repair order is given a priority rating - Emergency, Urgent, or Routine. 
We expect tenants to take care of their property, and where a property has shared facilities, to work in partnership with other tenants to keep those shared facilities in good condition, and free from hazards. 

We aim to organise work in a way that provides best value for money, so some works we will carry out on a cyclical basis ( like external decoration ); some works we will do as part of a programme ( replacing window frames, etc., to more than one property ); and other works we will do in response to requests for repairs. 

CTHA will usually only carry out repairs on weekdays, Monday to Friday, within normal office hours. 

For emergency repairs only, outside of office hours, call 0300 500 6262. This is a call centre run by Aldwyck Housing Association.
If you think something in your home needs to be repaired, please use the contact form below or contact the head office, giving as much detail as possible of the work required, your contact details; and let us know when you will be available to allow access. This can be sent via post, phone or email.

Before contacting us please review the Maintenance & Repair Obligations for CTHA for all properties.

Rechargeable Repairs

Cherry Tree will charge for the following works, when requested by the tenant. Work will only be carried out, when payment has been made in advance. Please contact Cherry Tree’s office on 01923 850580, for details of the costs.   

Examples include:
 - Replacement of door locks, and providing new keys 
 - Reglazing broken windows
 - Renewing light fittings on non standard units ( fluorescent tubes )

Tenancy Termination

Any works required to make a property ready for letting following tenancy termination ( redecoration, clearing personal effects, lock changes, etc. ) 

Cherry Tree does not routinely replace light bulbs. If a request to replace a light bulb within a tenant’s property is received, the tenants will be informed it will done on a rechargeable basis. 

We advise tenants to take out insurance to cover any items - like broken windows and lock changes - that are subject to a recharge.    

How to report a repair

Email CTHA

Share by: